Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I start collecting football cards?

My son wants to start collecting NFL football cards. I want to get him a starter set with holders and a binder. Where do I get the cards from? I'm only interested in finding current cards 2006-present. What are the trusted namebrands for football cards?



How do I start collecting football cards?nba draft prospects





Go to a local card shop. You'll find them in the phone book. Also find a copy of Beckett Football Card Collector magazine. They will list cards and values of cards. I like Topps and Fleers. But there are a lot of different companies. I've been collecting since 1969. Topps used to dominate sports cards. Now there are a lot of different companies. You and your son have to decide why you want to collect. You can get sets, singles or players from certain teams. You also have to decide how much you want to spend. That's a big question. Some of the cards from 2006 are expensive. If you have any questions you can email me. I'd be more then willing to help you and your kid. It's a great hobby.



How do I start collecting football cards?nba 2k ,nba teams



honestly, if he is just starting out, go to Kmart and get topps cards. If you go to a dealer they are gonna rip u off and tell you "oh you need this" and try selling you a pack for $50. Its not cheap anymore at all. Most packs are a minimum $2. Kmart has it all though for someone just starting out. Once you get there, you will see the Topps cards and you will see the other companies. The other companies cards are a little more pricey
www.beckett.com
You could go to any hobby shop that sells sportscards. You can also go to eBay, or Modells. The trusted brands for football cards are Topps and Upper Deck.
topps, fleer are some good ones you can find them at a comic book store

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobile