Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I teach someone how football is played?

My cousins have just come from India, and they want to know how football is played. Any tips on how to teach them?



How do I teach someone how football is played?nba playoff





Just watch a few games with him and go over the basics first. Answer all his questions. I feel like Im going through this same thing with my 9 year old, he is all the sudden trying to understand the game. Its awesome!!



How do I teach someone how football is played?nba stats ,nba teams



Check a book out from a libery about football and teach them from the book :)
I'm going through the same thing with my wife. She is very interested in it, but would like to know whats going on. She still thinks the secondary is the second string. LOL. But as everyone said, watch the game with your cousin and explain as it goes.
First teach what the MAIN GOAL OF THE GAME IS, which is either a touchdown or a fieldgoal. Explain the point system, the boundaries, and then finally, the basic rules. Let him ask questions and be patient. Football is kind of complicated, especially to foreigners. It helps if you show him taped spectacular games to show what a game looks like in progress. After time, he'll pick things up here and there and finally get the hang of it. But I do stress PATIENCE, because you're going to need it. Good luck and have fun!
What everyone else said... just watch the game with them and explain whats going on.
have them watch the games with u and have lots of patience. i learned from a man who had lots of patience and could stand answering th esame questions over and over until i learned them. Patience is the answer. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobile